Friday 1 April 2011

Minimalist Travel wardrobe

Over the next few days, I will be writing a mini series on The Chic and Minimalist Travel Wardrobe.

I will be covering:

  • The advantages of travelling light.
  • The importance of planning your Chic and Minimalist Wardrobe.
  • Inspiration on the type of clothes you may wish to take. 
  • A list of basic wardrobe essentials for going on holiday

Whilst some people like to take several suitcases away with them on holiday, I pride myself on being able to pack light, usually much to other people's disbelief or amusement.

My first memories of being a light packer are being aged 19 or so and going on a college trip to Paris for a week. Whilst my college friends took a huge suitcase each full of clothes and items such as hairdryers and make-up, I took a small black leather overnight bag, with a carefully thought out small selection of clothes and make-up. My college friends could not believe how little I was taking.

The funniest part was that when we  returned to the UK and we all went through customs, I was singled out by  two customs men who stopped me to search my bags. They wanted to know what I had in my bag as they could not believe that I had only taken a small bag  for a weeks trip to Paris.

I just smiled politely and explained that I simply liked to travel light and walked away leaving them scratching their heads in disbelief.

Since those early days, I still like to travel light and apart from getting stopped at customs there are many advantages.

My next blog postings will include the following:
  • The advantages of travelling light.
  • The importance of planning your Chic and Minimalist Wardrobe.
  • Inspiration of the type of clothes you may wish to take. 
  • A list of basic wardrobe essentials

 I have also found a couple of books on packing which you may be interested in. They are available from Amazon.com. For further details, please click on the images below.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment