Many women would like to find out what the essential items are for a minimalist wardrobe and whilst many other blogs and websites provide a list of items, such as the white shirt or black dress, I found that when trying to create a minimalist wardrobe, these lists didn't work for me as it didn't take into account my complete lifestyle or the seasons.
Instead I chose a different way to build my minimalist wardrobe based on my various lifestyle activities.
As a result, I have five small capsule wardrobes, which contain enough clothes to meet my needs and I store my clothes according to the capsule it belongs to.
If you are reading this blog with the hope of finding out what the wardrobe essentials for women are, I hope you will find my approach to creating a minimalist wardrobe for women useful.
My five capsules are as follows:
Please click on the links to see a photo of each capsule.
- "Casual/Weekend" - based around two casual classics - a denim skirt and denim jeans.
- "Formal Social" - three outfits for a smart evening party, a wedding, a funeral
- "Smart Casualwear" - two outfits, (summer and winter), worn when I meet friends for lunch or visit family and want to dress up a bit.
- "Outerwear" - a raincoat and warm wintercoat, together with a smart pair of boots and snow boots.
- "Activewear" - for exercising, swimming, walking and hiking.
My complete wardrobe takes up half a rail, but that is all that I need.
My complete wardrobe.
You may have other "Lifestyle Activities" that aren't represented in my wardrobe. For example, you may want to create capsules along the following themes:
- "Office Wear"
- "Night Club Wear"
- "Hobby Wear" - if you have hobbies that require specific items of clothing.